Saturday, May 23, 2009

Special Delivery

A card came in the mail for me a few days before Mother's Day; as usual I hold all cards until the day of the event. If you don't wait you won't have anything on that special day. This is especially true for Birthday Cards. The rest of my family members rip them open the moment they are sagged from the mailbox!

A few days later, the Friday night before Mother's Day I get a phone call from Austin asking if I have received their Mother's Day card and had I opened it. I informed him that I never open cards until the day of the event; after several pleas he said that I should open it because there was something really funny in there. FINE! Unwillingly I opened the card. I pealed back the flap to reveal the first word of the card and started to scream with excitement! Tessa was there in the room and she came running over and started screaming too!
Sara was on the call by now and I asked Austin if it was really true, and told them how wonderful it was to have a grandbaby coming!

Yes, we are going to be grandparents!! They are a little behind on the grandchild order that I put in on their wedding night, but better late than Never!!





They are due in December around Christmas time! Which will be the best Christmas present ever!

1 comment:

  1. aww..that's awesome! what a fun way to find out, they're so clever and the best mothers day gift huh! congrats to you all! how exciting for everyone, i bet steve is stoked! but you know now you'll be know as old duffers beings your grandparents..or soon to be! YAY! tell Austin and Sara congrats for us!

    ReplyDelete